Automatic adjustments will be made on April 1, 2019 to the dollar amounts stated in various provisions of the Bankruptcy Code, one provision in Title 28 of the United States Code, seven Official Bankruptcy Forms which contain adjusted dollar amounts, and two Director’s Forms which include dollar amounts.
The adjustments reflect the change in the Consumer Price Index for All Urban Consumers published by the U.S. Department of Labor for the three-year period ending December 31, 2018 and are rounded to the nearest $25.
The following Official Bankruptcy Forms and Director’s Forms contain references to several of the affected dollar amounts:
- Official Form 106C, The Property You Claim as Exempt, Line 3
- Official Form 107, Your Statement of Financial Affairs for Individuals Filing for Bankruptcy, Line 6
- Official Form 122A-2, Chapter 7 Means Test Calculation, Lines 29 and 40
- Official Form 122C-2, Chapter 13 Calculation of Your Disposable Income, Line 29
- Official Form 201, Voluntary Petition for Non-Individuals, Line 8
- Official Form 207, Statement of Your Financial Affairs, Lines 3 and 4
- Official Form 410, Proof of Claim, Line 12
- Director’s Form 2000, Required Lists, Schedules, Statements, and Fees, Pages 2, 3, and 4
- Director’s Form 2830, Chapter 13 Debtor's Certifications Regarding Domestic Support Obligations and Section 522(q), Part III
The revised forms will be effective on April 1, 2019 and will apply to cases filed on or after that date. The revised forms incorporating the dollar amount changes have been posted to Pending Changes in the Bankruptcy Forms page. Once effective, the revised forms will be available on the Bankruptcy Forms page.